RoyalStar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is this and what do I do?

Go down

What is this and what do I do? Empty What is this and what do I do?

Post  Admin Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Welcome, friends, to RoyalStar.
Those of you who are familliar with the game need no introduction, those of you who are not may find the few words that follow helpful.
To start off by explaining the "what"... This is a space strategy game with some elements of role playing.
As you will learn very quickly, one starts off by creating it's own race, it's culture, history... The beginning is very important for what you create now, you will lead through the rest of the game. Every race is by deffinition unique for you are the ones creating it and nothing is impossible.
Sure, you can not create an omnipotent race, but keeping in mind the human race as an example one can set his/her immagination free.
Next, the "when" is simple. But I will leave this a suprise. It will be made clear in just a few days.
Finally, the "how". This is, unfortunately, a most difficult question to answer. A User Manual is being prepared as we speak, but even without it you must now worry about the rules, the roleplay or the governing too much. There is time to learn all of this. And as players of Galactica, one could say the Mother of this game, will tell you, I'm sure, the admin team will lead you through all the vital processes one step at a time. Not only that, this time players will be able to help players learn the how's and why's so that we can all enjoy this game as best as we can.

One final note. To play this game a basic knowledge of the excel is required. The economy is mostly mannaged through an excel sheet.
But you needn't worry about that now.
First thing's first. You may allready post your aplication and create your accounts. This should be authomatic, but should any problems arise you can post any and all questions in this forum with the guest access.
No need to hurry as it is that time of the year when people tend to travel and I myself will be away from home for a while.
You, however, may start thinking about what kind of a race you want to lead and start a conversation right here. I am sure that the experienced players will be more then happy to answer all your questions and help you with ideas if necessary.

Once again, welcome to RoyalStar. Enjoy yourselves!

Admin
Admin

https://royalstar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What is this and what do I do? Empty Re: What is this and what do I do?

Post  Admin Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:20 pm

As I have already stated, this is a second version of the game and this time we have some "old" players that can help the "new" to get started.
This is the reason I, as an administrator, will not go through every step of the beginning proces with every single player and will not be creating a starting manual myself.
A FAQ/Starting Manual will be created through the cooperation between the old and the new players, so... Ask what you want to know. Ask how to start. Ask anything and the experienced players will help you on your way.
I will, of course, follow the debates and help out from time to time.

Also note that a personal forum will be created for every player. Only that player and the administrator will have access to this forum and it's function can best be described and "the seat of the government". You will conduct your diplomacy, research and most of the governing there. The "how" will be answered in time.

Note for Shyu Kun: Mention the forum in the manual... Explain it's function.

Admin
Admin

https://royalstar.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum